Monday, December 27, 2010

Garden Weed Audit

I have decided it could prove an interesting exercise to stop ignoring the weeds in the garden and to allow them to grow and do an audit of those that I can identify.

The first thing I have noticed is that once you allow weeds to grow beyond any stage where you might initially identify them as weeds and pull them out, they quite often change their appearance.

They may grow much larger, the leaf shape may change, they may have quite an interesting flower or other peculiarities compared to the rest of the garden plants.

I have always been amazed at the resilience of weeds and the conditions in which they will grow and often thrive.

So I have created a page to keep a kind of catalogue of the weeds that come up in the garden and the variety has been an eye opener to say the least - not to mention the uses that some of them have.

No comments:

Post a Comment