Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Stuffed Mushroom

My Dad gave me a large field mushroom the other day. I knew exactly what I was going to do with it and looked forward to the time to make it.
Finally after a busy morning in the garden last Sunday I prepared my meal behind closed doors while my nauseated wife rested away from cooking smells which don’t agree with her at the moment. Here is what I did while I let the oven heat up nice and high.
One field mushroom, stalk removed and chopped up.
A bunch of spinach leaves, soaked in hot water, wrung dry and roughly chopped
1 – 2 eggs
Some chopped parsley
Little bit of grated cheese
Salt and pepper
A little of my brothers wonderful chilli jam – but may have otherwise added some cayenne pepper or sweet chilli sauce.
I put the mushroom upside down on a baking tray and mixed up the rest of the ingredients, placing it within the cup of the mushroom. Then I added a chopped rasher of bacon over the top and a couple of pieces of garlic butter than just happened to be in the fridge and a little more cheese and pepper. This all went into the oven for ten minutes on high and then about a half hour at a moderate temp (180oC).
Delicious. And rewarding to be able to make a quick meal using spinach, parsley, and eggs from the garden with my brothers chilli jam. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment